Balcombe 2020 Fete Postponed
After careful deliberation and discussion, the Balcombe Fete Committee have decided that in the current Covid-19 pandemic we have no choice but to postpone the Village Fete originally planned for 11th July 2020.
The Fete takes many months of careful planning and organising with hundreds of people involved to ensure a successful day. The current Government guidelines suggest that any large gatherings will be restricted well into July/August. We will continue to follow the Government guidelines and will look for a new provisional date later in the year.
We are currently exploring alternative options for a village wide event if the usual Fete format cannot be held. A further announcement will be made in July.
As Chairman of the Fete Committee I speak for the whole of the team when I say that we are all working hard to find a suitable date in 2020 and are determined to run an event if conditions allow.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon.