October 2020 Films Note
Victory Hall Film Shows
The Management Committee of the Victory Hall is very pleased to announce that the next film to be screened at the Hall will be the award winning comedy drama Military Wives.
The film tells the story of how with their partners away serving in Afghanistan, a group of women on the home front form a choir – and quickly find themselves at the centre of a media sensation and global movement.
The film stars Kirsten Scott-Thomas,
George MacKay, and
This screening will be Friday 23rd October starting at 7.30 PM.
The running time will be 112 minutes, with an interval for refreshments mid-way through. The screening will again be provided by the same professional “touring cinema” company, with the capacity, procedures and layout adjusted for Covid restrictions. Please see our website for details
In particular, please note the showing will be the usual “cafe style” – but with table only service for drinks, available from the Club next door. Please arrive early therefore. As usual, you can order food from the club, or bring your own food.
Tickets for this film will now be £6.50, but unfortunately we will need to charge an additional £1.00 for increased operating costs making £7.50 in total. As usual, tickets can be purchased in advance from Threads.
Demand is expected to be high – so please book early!
Please note that this film is rated 12A
Victory Hall Management Committee
Film recommencement Friday 23rd October
We are very pleased to announce that we will be recommencing film shows on
Friday 23rd October. The October film will be MILITARY WIVES.
Due to Covid Regulations and so as to provide a safe environment, we will
however have to introduce some changed procedures, as follows
- Numbers will be restricted to allow for social distancing in the hall
- Table layout will also be amended to allow appropriate social distancing
- Entry and exit will be directly into and from the hall, rather than through the Club
- Masks will be required when entering / leaving / moving around
- Masks should also be worn when at the tables, except when eating and drinking
- There will be no service at the bar – service will be provided at the table only. Club staff will be available to take orders and deliver drinks. Half time orders can be taken before the film commences and will be delivered at the interval.
- As there is no bar service, customers are asked to arrive in good time to allow for the extra time necessary to provide table service and to allow commencement at 7.30 as usual.
- The tables will not be taken down at the end of the film so that patrons can stay and socialise afterwards at leisure
Tickets and table layout details will be available at Threads as usual.
We regret that ticket prices will also have an additional charge of £1.00 per person to cover the increased service costs of Covid restrictions.